What Are You Going to Do With the Kids?

S leaves for the big event today. Seven (or is it eight) women who met in college all turn 40 this year. Look out Santa Fe!

Over the weekend, while visiting with relatives, S or I told the story of her upcoming trip several times. After two different occasions, the response was, "Wow, that sounds like fun! What are you going to do with the kids?" The fact that this question was posed in the presence of yours truly was stunning. S and I got a laugh out of it at the time. "Well, their Dad will be there," was her response. "Oh" was all they could say.

I don't know what bugs me more, that these folks don't think I can "hack-it" - - or that there are guys out there who can actually get away without performing their household duties while their wives are out of town? Who are you, where are you? Hello - it's the 21st century.

Comments

Popular Posts