Please, No

Every time I read about Al Franken making a run for Senate in his "home" state of MN, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. He strikes me as such a polarizing force - though that kind of thing plays well in political circles these days. Repubs and Dems - at opposite ends of the spectrum - talking about how "evil" the other is. This just strikes me as playing to your base - but what about the middle? They will go Repub again if Al runs.

"I jumped ya twice in Thief River Falls," said a middle-age woman in greeting at the pre-speech party in a tent next to the Ted Mann Concert Hall at the University of Minnesota here. The seeming inference of long-ago sexual congress would cause deep blushing elsewhere, but it actually meant that Faith Rud and Mr. Franken had bonded in a far more profoundly Minnesotan way: she had used jumper cables to revive his Volkswagen bus on a cold night long ago after a college gig. NYT.


I hope the DFLers come up with a more reasonable candidate. I'm glad I'm no longer involved in politics (my "first career").

Comments

Popular Posts