Peanuts - Evil Peanuts

How are kids today going to survive without peanut butter and jelly sandwiches? Luckily the Dude prefers jelly sandwiches since his school, like most is a peanut-free zone.

Lileks today comments on the evil peanut:

Gnat met her new teacher, and said – with a complete lack of guile or understanding of what she was about to say – “We didn’t have time for lunch, so I’m having some peanuts now.” And then the words flashed in my brain in Artkraft-styled neon letters:

IN. THE. SCHOOL. I HAD BROUGHT PEANUTS. INTO. A. SCHOOL.

The teacher merrily explained that we couldn’t have peanuts in the school, and I did the only thing I could do: I grabbed the sack, hurled them to the floor and covered them with my body.

Yes, I know, there are serious peanut allergies; I know it’s not a made-up thing. I just wonder how I managed to get through thirteen years of peanut-saturated public education without seeing any kid have an allergic reaction.

Comments

Popular Posts