Kids OK So Far - Dad Same

Despite the fears of relatives and friends mentioned earlier.
all is OK at home. M is at school and the Dude is camped on the sofa watching Arthur. (Yes Amy, I will be getting him out soon for some exercise.)

Dude is not happy that I have to go to work today. Neither is the Hobbled Runner. I had planned to take the day off - - for about 6 months.

Two weeks ago, the boss calls - - "Is that a 'real' vacation day, or could you come in for a special 'off-site' planning meeting to discuss the future of our department?"

A more courageous man would have said, "Hell no. I've had this day planned for months - fun with the kids, no work obligations - - lots of Dad time." But being the coward that I am I mumbled something about, "Oh yeah, I'm in town - just took the day off because my wife is out of town, I can probably find child care. . . . "

Been andry and depressed about this for the past two weeks. Had visions of telling them to take their offsite and shove-it, but in true Captain Cubicle mode I acquiesced. After all, if I had more courage I'd be an entrepreneur or something, not some corporate desk jockey.

Comments

Popular Posts